Effective Date: July 15, 2023
- What personal data we collect on our website at changetheairfoundation.org (the “Site”);
- How we use the data;
- With whom we may share the personal data;
- Legal basis for processing the data;
- Storage and security of your data;
- Your Privacy Rights, Choices and Disclosures, including those for Europe and California;
- Users outside the United States; and
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT OR PROCESS
We also collect information that you provide to us voluntarily.When you sign up to receive our newsletters, advisories, announcements, invitations and information about volunteer opportunities, we request your first and last name and your email address.
When you show your support by providing a donation through our Site, we request first and last name, donation amount, whether the donation is one time or recurring, your selection as to offsetting processing fees, country, billing address, payment information (savings, checking, credit, or debit) and any comments you choose to share with us. We also keep records of, and you may review, your donation history.
For financial assistance applications, we will ask for your first and last name, organization name (as applicable), title (as applicable), contact information, information about your organization (as applicable), your funding initiative and request, financial information, and other information that may assist us in evaluating your application.
You may also contact us via the Site, email or phone, through which you may provide information to us.
We do not knowingly collect information from users of our Site under the age of 18 and/or their internet usage. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and of legal age to enter into legal agreements.
HOW WE USE THE DATA
We use the personal data we collect to respond to your inquiries, provide information that you request, complete and process your donations, provide and enhance the Site and its content, perform our contractual obligations, provide updates and other important information related to your activity on and with the Site, communicate with our supporters, inform you of new content on the Site, inform you of content and products that may interest you, fulfill legal obligations we have to governmental authorities or other third parties, and for other legitimate business purposes. You will have the opportunity to opt out of any electronic marketing communications you may receive from us.
Our donor management provider and payment processors may use your mobile number to provide text messages to request, and provide updates about, donations.
When you show your support for us through a donation, your email address will be added to our newsletter email distribution list.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
RevitaFest and the Site are organized and operated in the United States. We may share your personal data to third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation our web hosting and other technology providers, donation management provider, payment processors, and professional advisors. We use PayPall and Stripe to power our payment portal. Our Site may re-direct you to websites of some of our service providers in order to make donations, and some of your information may be shared with them to facilitate the transactions.
We may provide third parties with whom we have relationships with some personal information such as your name and email so that they may contact you about products, services or promotions you may be interested in.
We may disclose information (within or outside your country of residence) if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary by law or the legal process, to protect and defend our or others’ interests or property, or to enforce agreements you enter into with us.
Your information may be transferred to another company (within or outside your country of residence) in connection with a merger or in the event that our business is acquired in whole or part by another company.
We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties (within or outside your country of residence) for analytical, research or other similar purposes.
GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you and to fulfill transactions that you initiate.
Compliance with Legal Obligations. We may use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
STORAGE AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected and to perform our contractual and legal obligations. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, we store email addresses until the user requests to be unsubscribed or removes themselves through any self-service tools offered to the user.
We do not store payment card information; rather we utilize the PayPal and Stripe platforms for payment management and payment processing and store only an electronic receipt that sets forth confirming payment details, such as transaction date, the expiration date of the payment card and the payment ID, but not complete payment card information.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications between us. This includes, when required or as we deem appropriate and feasible under the circumstances, encryption and written commitments from third parties that may have access to your data that they will protect the data with reasonable safeguards.
No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your data, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control. Users assume the risk of security breaches and the consequences resulting from them. Please be careful in deciding what information you send to us via email or over the Internet.
YOUR RIGHTS, CHOICES AND DISCLOSURES
- General. This section is subject to specific disclosures on privacy rights set forth below. We are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the laws of your jurisdiction, which may include, without limitation, the right to access your data, request the correction, modification or deletion of your personal information and the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information (as applicable). We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, contact us at [email protected] or make changes to any user profile information connected to your account.
- You may opt out of receiving electronic marketing communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on the communication or contacting us at [email protected]. Some non-marketing communications may not be subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions, disclosures to comply with legal requirements, software updates and other support-related information.
Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
You may be able to disable Cookies through your browser settings, but if you delete or disable Cookies, you may experience interruptions or limited functionality in certain areas of the Site.
Your European Privacy Rights and Choices. While we do not specifically market the Site to those who reside in the Europe Economic Area (the “European Union” or “EU”), we will provide accommodations for the exercise of your rights provided under data protection laws of the EU, including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). By visiting our Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your information from your jurisdiction to the United States.
If you are located in the European Union, the United Kingdom or another jurisdiction that has adopted laws substantially similar to GDPR, your privacy rights include the following:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information you can contact us any time.
- Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal, ethical and contractual obligations. To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at [email protected].
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object at any time. You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial e-mails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal, ethical and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling. We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according to the European Privacy regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
3. California Disclosures
California “Shine the Light” Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to [email protected] with “California Shine The Light Rights” in the subject line.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: At this time there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Therefore, we are unable to respond to a user’s Do Not Track Signals.
USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
The Site is controlled and operated from the United States. If you are an individual from the European Union, Canada or any other jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that we may store the information we collect in the United States which is not deemed an “adequate jurisdiction” by the European regulatory authorities. Personal data may also be transferred from the country of your residence to other countries, including the United States.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Questions and Contact Information
RevitaFest is located at:
Email: [email protected]